These were the rules that Sam Walton developed for Walmart.
1. Commit: Believe in it more than anybody else.
2. Share the blessings.
3. Motivate your partners. Constantly, day by day, think of new and more interesting ways to motivate and challenge your partners.
4. Communicate everything you possibly can to your partners.
5. Appreciate everything your associates do for the business.
6. Celebrate your success. Find some humor in your failures.
7. Listen to everyone in your company and figure out ways to get them talking.
8. Exceed your customer's expectations. If you do, they'll come back over and over.
9. Control your expenses better than your competition.
10. Swim upstream. Be innovative.